Sunday, September 7, 2008

Journey to Debt Free - The Revelation

When is the last time you have your financial health check? Or how often do you do it? It was advised best to do it once every year, but really it depends on whether there is any significant financial changes in your life. Some do it every 3 months, some do it 2 years. It's really up to individual.

As for me, I have not done mine for 4 years I think, partly is there is not much change. Another major reason being that I am well awared of my financial woes, so much so that I try to comfort myself by not really doing my sum. But yesterday, my self-denial was being merciless taken down as my financial planner pointed out once again my financial weakness.

To be honest, I am beginning to get really troubled by the amount of debt that I have and they are really really bad debts - debts that I will gain nothing from except to pay even more money. Yes, I am guilty of using future's money and I have so many credit cards that my wallets can't hold all of them and they are all stretched to their limit.

However TODAY I make a huge promise to myself that I will be debt free in 2 years time and I will write in my blog the steps that I have taken to make that happen.

To be Continued.....

No comments: