Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bad Investment

It hurts me to see people who lost their savings due to bad investment caused by bad advice from blood thirst bank officers or screwd financial planners. No doubt that bank officers and financial planner should not have squander away the trust that their customers place on them. However on the other hand, one should make it a point to do some reading up to understand the market. I realised long time ago that to achieve riches and wealth, one has to put in the effort to upgrade our knowledge.

This relevation comes about a couple of years ago, when I started to read books published by Robert Kiyosaki - "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". I was completely mesmerized by what Robert has written and it just coincided with my beliefs and desires. Although there is news that said that this book is frictional but then again, the essence is widely written by many other great authors and motivators like Napolean Hill, Anthony Robbins and many others.

Maybe I strongly believed in myself making the difference, instead of waiting for some huge windfalls. I believed that financial well-being is everyone's own personal interest and should not leave it to someone else. Not that I dun trust people, but that there are some conflicts of interest in the whole transactions. Why can't people see it?

No comments: